Friday 30 April 2021

Art Journal page by Elisa Ablett for Ink Art Designs


Hi everyone, 

Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with my latest project, a gel printed art journal page!

So while on a crafting retreat/camp in the mountains with a few friends I pulled out the old A4 gel plate with the intention of creating some unique collage paper and ended up using old music paper and book paper as well. I just loved this colourful print and thought it would be a great background for an art journal page. 

I have been meaning to use Katzelkraft - Lamas stamps for a while now and loved this little one prancing, perfect pairing with a snarky sentiment from the Tim Holtz Snarky Small Talk Sticker book.

I find when you have a bright and multilayered background, try to keep the rest really simple, make the main stamped image your focal point and try to draw the eye to it. I hand coloured my prancing lama with watercolours and colour pencils, keeping him fairly clean and simple. I added a large white circle along with a lightly stamped mandala to act as my focal point.

Here is a close up :-) 


A list with links to the Ink Art Design Shop:

https://www.inkartdesigns.com/product/tim-holtz-snarky-small-talk-stickers/


Thanks for stopping by the blog today, make sure you leave some love and don't forget to head over to the Ink Art Designs Stamping Playground on Facebook.

Hugs

Elisa xx




 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elisa. He is a GREAT image! He looks so proud. And thank you so much for the stamping tip.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...