Wednesday 7 July 2021

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

 



Hi Crafters,

Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects.

For this project, a Christmassy art journal page, I used a gorgeous sliding Penguin stamp from the Funny Penguin (Katzelkraft Stamp Set) plus Christmas Scarfe from the Accessories Set by Katzelkraft.
Always the perfect accompaniment to any Katzelkraft Stamp Set.

I set about creating my 'Artic' scene by hand cutting my icebergs and floating ice shelf using white cardstock and covering it with white acrylic ink then a layer or two of the Unicorn Effect Paste by Prima. I then decided it needed a little colour and that lovely light blue colour you see in icebergs, so added some Celestial - Nuvo Crackle Mousse over the top and it worked a treat!

I added some fake snow using the Acrylic ink, Unicorn paste and Crackle Mousse to the top of my art journal page to make it look like it was dripping down. 

I created my own marble background to represent the Southern Light's aurora australis
using a gel print on Kraft Paper, some extra watercolour inks and Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays. I then loaded the paper onto my computer and digitally altered the pattern, printed it up, to create my own marbled paper.







Funny Penguins - Katzelkraft stamps

The-accessories/Katzelkraft Stamps

https://www.inkartdesigns.com/product-category/mixed-media-cardstock/tim-holtz-sticker-books/

https://www.inkartdesigns.com/product-category/inks-paints-sprays-gesso/dina-wakley-gloss-sprays/

Other products used:

Prima Marketing Art Extravagance Effects Paste - Unicorn

Nuvo Embellishment Crackle Mousse - Celestial


Put everything all together and you have created your own 'Antarctic' Christmas Scene.

Don't forget you can create your own scene, using your products and your own imagination!


Hugs


Elisa XX




15 comments:

  1. Hi Elisa. Oh I looove all the texture on this page ... it makes me feel cold just looking at this page lol.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...