Elisa here from the Ink Art Design Team with my last post for the year! In keeping with the season, I decided to make a funny Christmas Ornament using Katzelkraft stamps from the store - https://www.inkartdesigns.com/product-category/stamps/stamps-stamps/
Before I continue I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, happy holidays and best wishes for the New Year.
Hopefully you will all get a chance to create and get Inky over the Christmas break, so don't forget to get your entries into the Ink Art Stamping Playground December challenge album - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.2549149125321173&type=3
Here is my step by step for those wishing to see how the ornament came together!
1. Stamp on thick mixed media white cardstock using your versafine black inkpad and quickly emboss with your black embossing powder before the ink dries. Heat set and continue stamping and embossing until you have the images you desire for your ornament.
2. I used Farm Animals and Grumpy Penguins from Katzelkraft as well as their accessories stamp set which is awesome to make your little characters come alive !
3. Once you have stamped and embossed, use markers or water colours to add colour to your images.
4. Fussy cut your images out and add more details using a black and also a white fine tip marker from Posca or gel pen etc.
5. I found this pack of four DIY decorate baubles from Spotlight Australia and had the idea to make my own ornaments with little characters and scenes, best bargain ever at $2.50 each pack!
6. Seperate a circle ornament and cut background paper to fit the cardboard circle that goes in the middle of the ornament. Trim any over hanging edges.
7. Start putting your scenes together!
8. Let me introduce you to Snow-tex if you don't already know it, it is made by Decoart and is fabulous for 3D snow effects. Using a paint brush, add snow to the top of your first scene, to the penguins hat and the presents. Use 3D foam mounting tape behind the presents and penguin to create a shadow box effect.
9. For the second scene, I attached the sheep's hat first and used 3D foam mounting tape to give him some depth, then I cut a small length of the christmas light stickers which I bought 60% off at Spotlight, another bargain woohoo!! I wanted it to look like the sheep had the end of the lights in his teeth - pulling the lights down (being a bit naughty)
10. I used a label maker to make my quotes but you can use small alpha stamps or computer generate your own to suit.
Here are both scenes side by side ready to put the ornament together. I crumbled up a piece of recycled packaging to represent snow and turning it into a snow globe as well!!
Add a piece of ribbon to the top once you have popped the two sides together and hang on your tree.
Products used from the store:
Versafine black inkpad
Snowtex by Decoart
DIY Baubles and Christmas Lights stickers - Spotlight Australia
Recycled packing peanut
That's it from me today, enjoy your Christmas and see you all in the New Year.
Don't forget to subscribe, follow along or leave a comment 😀