Wednesday 6 November 2019

We are all out of bubblegum - Art Journal Page by Elisa Ablett


Hi stamp lovers!

Elisa here again with my latest project for Ink Art Designs, a mixed media 'cheeky penguin' art journal page!

My youngest son is in love with penguins, having completed many a school project on them and also seeing them at wildlife parks. We also love the penguins in the movie Madagascar and when I saw this stamp I knew I had to have it in my collection.  So many cheeky quotes and sayings come to mind lol.

When I positioned the penguins on my page, I wanted them to look like they were staring at the reader to sense the 'impending violence' from the penguins after their gum had run out. I think the gel printed circle in the background works well with highlighting them.

Let's take a look at the products used to complete this page.


Image result for darkroom door grunge marks


Other products used:

Paper Artsy Paints
Circle Gel Plate
Black Soot Watercolour Ink - Colour Blast
Versafine Ink - Black
Fine Black Marker
Circle Template


To start my page, I used a 4 inch circle gel plate and Paper Artsy paints to create my sunset.
Smooth a small amount of yellow, orange and deep red over your gel plate with a small brayer until the edges of each colour have blended. Then lay a stencil down over the top and brayer a small amount of white paint through. Then lay your paper down and smooth over the top with your hands to get your print. Once dry fussy cut the circle out and using circle templates and a black marker, make grungy circles over your sunset.


Stamp and colour your penguins, then once dry fussy cut them out and put them aside until you are ready to adhere to the page. 

My next step is to glue my sunset down onto my page, then go around the circle with black ink and spritz with water. Dry the black ink and now you can add your grungy stamping and stencilling. 

I added some black grungy lines to make a 'horizon' and drew a cityscape free hand in the back ground to make it look like they are standing in front of a city.


Add some scribbly writing, more grungy stamping and your title and lastly your penguins!

Your art journal page is complete.

Don't forget to stop by the Ink Art Designs Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/InkArtDesigns/ to join in the monthly 'pretty much anything goes' challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today x

Hugs 

Elisa 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Elisa. I can see that you have had a WHOLE HEAP of fun with the penguins on this page! They have a little attitude and it goes perfectly with the amazing background you created for them. Makes me smile to look at this page. So funny!
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of material and the design is super. Thanks for sharing all the materials and techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny sentiment. The penguins are too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...