Monday 9 September 2019

'Bohemian' Art Journal Page by Elisa Ablett


Hi everyone,

Just sharing my latest Art Journal page for Ink Art Designs.

This is another page that I have completed in my mini Art Journal book that I posted about on the 24th August, inspired by the talented Tina Walker.

I haven't added a quote to this art journal page, it just felt 'enough' so I stopped!

Here is another look at the outside of the mini art journal books I made with the fabric covers.



and below is a close up of all the glorious texture from the recycled baby wipe, sari silk offcuts and vellum rose stickers that are in the background.

Let's take a look at the stamp I used from Ink Art Designs.....


 Image result for face up stamp rubber dance


Other items include:

Sari Silk, Vellum Stickers, Distress Oxide Inkpads, recycled baby wipe, Prima Confection Watercolours, Sigma Black Marker 0.7mm



After stamping her face on a separate piece of cardstock, I glued small strips and pieces of Sari Silk around her face and fashioned her hair, I added fine lines for her shoulders using a maker and then glued her baby wipe shirt on. I added her head piece 'crown of flowers' as it picked up the colours in her shirt and flowers and made her a true bohemian lady. Add small amounts of watercolour to the face, eyes and lips and shading under her chin etc.

Before I glued the Sari Silk down onto my page, I added my collage stickers and then added a thin wash of colour around and over the top to dull them down a bit. 

A scribbled border using a marker adds the last touches. 

Don't forget to visit the shop for more exciting Rubber Dance stamps !







Thanks for stopping by the blog today,

Make sure you leave me some love x

Elisa 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elisa. The texture of her hair is so captivating! The texture is amazing.
    The journaling around her head finishes the bohemian look off beautifully. Thank you so much for your inspiration.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hair, I love it Elisa how clever of you to use fabric. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so clever and beautiful, and a fabulous way to use this stamp set. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...