Thursday 4 February 2016

Kraft Plus February Challenge - Going Postal - DT Reveal

 
Hi Crafty friends,
 
Elisa here again sharing my first ever Art Journal two page spread that I completed as part of the DT for Kraft Plus Challenge Blog - February Challenge.
 
Here is the amazing challenge board, Kraft base plus Lots of Postage Stamps.
 
 
 
and here is my Art Journal pages:
 
 
 
 
The idea for these pages came from a postcard that I saw in a shop that had a caption on it that said 'from where you would rather be' with a picture of a man surfing at a beautiful beach. I immediately thought of completing a page about me dreaming of a holiday or perhaps 'my happy place' which is in the sun at the beach surrounded by my family and my camera. I used loads of postage stamps in the background for the beach and in the sun as well as I cut up a few stamps to add depth to the pages hence you will see Santa surfing, a crab, a plane, someone swimming and the Opera House. All the stamps were handpicked by me and all feature photos of Australian places, plants or animals, all places and things I would love to see in a mammoth trip around Australia one day.
Make sure you click on the link above and head on over to the Challenge site to view the design teams amazing reveal, lots of wonderful inspiration.
 
Thanks for stopping by ....
 

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...