Thursday 7 May 2015

2crafty chipboard Design Team Call

http://2craftychipboard.blogspot.com.au/

This is the first layout I created for the design team call - it just came together after I chose the photo. I used 3 beautiful glossy neon paints through a brick stencil and then built the background up using Kaiser graffiti stamp, black gesso with a triangle stencil and metallic graphite silk. I layered triangles cut out of kaisercraft paper and used a 2crafty chipboard title "Just be You" unfortunately the 'just' part of the title was damaged and I trimmed it off but I was happy with just the 'be you' part.

 
The title was altered using gesso as a base, then crackle past over the top, once that dried I smeared orange and black ink over the cracks.


 
 
The neon colours of the background paint really pops! Such a bargain I picked up these paints at a bookstore closing down and they were cheap!
 
 
My second layout that I created is titled : Love
The background was created with Aladine Izinks (Geranium) and Lindy's Stamp Gang  (Raspberry Lemonade), the stamps were from Kaszazz including garden background and dandelion stamp. I also used a confetti heart stencil with modelling paste to create depth.
 
 
 
The below close up shows the two toned embossing powder mountain berry and metallic red used on the 2crafty chipboard flourish title - Love. You can also see in the background that I used gel medium to create a circle around the photo and sprinkled Junkitz Rose Quartz to create a beautiful bling circle around the photo. It was my first time using chunky rocks on one of my layouts and I was really happy with how that looks. I threaded some raspberry mini roses around the title to soften it up.


My third layout is one of my favourites :-) I used a photoshopped photo of my son walking into the bright sunlight onto the beach through a tunnel of trees. He really enjoys the beach and the Great Outdoors. I wanted to showcase the colours in the photo with a bright colourful background using Aladine Izinks = metallic awesomeness. I used a chevron background stamp and a compass stamp from Kaszazz and grid texture stamp from kaisercraft.




The close up of the chipboard corner piece from 2crafty shows how I altered it by painting it with gesso and stamping on it using the grid texture stamp.



The hessian border, black cotton, sequins and feathers add texture to the layout. The green foliage laser cut background is origin unknown, having found it in my scraps.

 
Hope you enjoyed seeing how the three layouts came together and the techniques used. Fingers crossed that 2crafty accepts my application to the design team. If not! there is always next time. Thanks for stopping by :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...