Wednesday 4 December 2019

Holy Cluck by Elisa Ablett - Art Journal Page


Hi Crafters,

We are officially in December and I will admit to some slight panicking about not been ready for Christmas. 

So while I am heavy breathing into a paper bag in the corner, read on to see how this art journal page came together.

Let's take a look at the products used from Ink Art Designs:-

 



and a closer look at those gorgeous Katzelkraft stamps - I cannot get over the expressions on the faces of the animals, it makes for all sorts of projects if you have the right quote or saying..



I named my duck Gerry, i can see we are going to have some great adventures with him in my art journal pages lol.  To create my stamped images I used an archival ink in black and watercolours with a small round paintbrush. I stamped a few of each image and used different colours to get to the one i loved the most.


and my potty mouthed chickens, yet to be named, but I can see they will feature in future projects as well. 

I used a joggles house stencil in the background to look like a henhouse or a barn and kept to a lighter background with my paints to let the stamped images stand out. I also lightly stencilled over the top of the barn to add a bit of texture and depth. 

I am usually hesitant to make lumpy and bumpy art journal pages but I had the coconut fibre and thought it would be great for the nest under the egg and also chipboard piece which in a grid pattern looks at home in a farmyard setting.

Don't be shy in adding grungy marks like scribbly writing or lines etc, it all adds to the uniqueness of your pages.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today, make sure you leave me some love and don't forget to enter into this month's challenge over on the Ink Art Designs Facebook page. We love seeing all your creations..

Hugs 

Elisa x


2 comments:

  1. Hi Elisa, as I was reading this I could imagine Gerry having his very own Art Journal adventure. What mischief he would get up to! I agree, the expressions on their faces really are priceless.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME so love this awesome make.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...