Wednesday 7 March 2018

'Glimmer of Light' by Elisa Ablett

Hi everyone,

Welcome to March with the Visible Image design team and blog.

I am up on the blog today with a mixed media canvas made with the backing board from an old paper pad, I love to repurpose items when i get a chance.

I loved the look of this stamp set when I first saw it, so versatile and a little bit grungy for those art journal pages and canvases and a fantastic verse to use as well.



To create the stamped moths I used Dina Wakely scribble sticks rubbed directly onto the stamp and spritzed with water and then stamped on watercolour cardstock. I added a darker colour over the top to add dimension and then once dried, I added highlights with Glossy Accents. I get a fantastic impression with Visible Image stamps each and every time.

The background was created using beautiful Turquoise and Gold Metallic Wax from Finnabair. The Gold wax was rubbed through the Strobe Stencil to create rays of light behind the light bulb.

A friend gave me a few pieces of black cardstock that had been embossed with a 3D hexagon pattern, I fussy cut them up and stuck them to my background which i had painted black. Then i rubbed the turquoise wax all over the background and added the Strobe Stencil along with Gold Wax.




I wanted to show you the amazing colour you can get from a few coats of the waxes when they hit the sunlight! look at that blue, just gorgeous.  Makes those stamps pop!

Here are the Visible Image stamps that i utilised for this project.








Well that's it from me today, thanks for stopping by the blog :-) 

Hugs xx

Elisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...