Sunday 18 June 2017

'Enjoy the Little Things' by Elisa Ablett

Hi everyone,

Just sharing my latest layout and blog post for D-lish Scraps.

I just loved the new Kinder Kreations chipboard feathers and the new numbers stencil and wanted to incorporate both on my project, I have also rediscovered a foiling dip dye technique to use on my feathers.

TIP - Try an unusual combination of colours on your layout, teal, raspberry, kraft and black and white go together beautifully....with a splash of yellow gold!


Here are some close ups of the finer details! To achieve the foiled dip dye look on your feathers, I inked the bottom half of my feathers with black ink. Then i used a bostik glue stick and rubbed glue on the bottom half of the feather, then I pressed gold flakes onto the glue, I then gently heated with my heat gun or let dry naturally. Then once dry using a stiff brush - brush away the gold foil gently. It will leave the foil distressed and patchy on your feathers. I also added some wire around the tips of the feathers to add to the grunge!


Also on this layout I added a few pieces from a past 'Just Add Paper Kit'  - A black and white bag and paperclip along with some co-ordinating washi tape.



To make a statement on your page, add a splash of bright coloured paint and stencil in black over the top! D-lish Scraps store is stocked full of amazing 5x5 stencils in different designs.



Well that's it from me today, thanks for visiting the blog, make sure you leave some love xx

Elisa 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...