Thursday 23 March 2017

'Be your beautiful Self' by Elisa Ablett

Hi Crafters,

I just wanted to share my first blog post for the Artified Design Team which happened the other day!!
............

Elisa here from the design team with my first post for the Artified blog!

I wanted to create something a little out of the box for my first post using the gorgeous Tim Holtz Layered Stencils in Floral, Roses, Ornate and Trellis AND the NEW Lindy's Stamp Gang Shakers.

I had a play around with the Shaker's to hand dye my Canvas flag and I mopped up the excess liquid with a baby wipe and was so impressed with the patterns on it and colours I decided to use the baby wipe on my project. Here is the end result!


To start my project I coloured my chipboard birds with a few coordinating Gelatos and put aside to dry.


Next step, using a craft mat spray water and tap out a little bit of colour from your Lindy's Shakers into the water - then dip your canvas flag into the water and colour and repeat until you have covered your flag in colour and patterns, Mop up the excess colour and liquid with a small piece of lace and a baby wipe and set it aside to dry - we will be using these on your project!



Next once your lace is dry attach it to your muslin by sewing or gluing if you don't have a machine. Grab a inkpad and sponge or dauber and using your Trellis stencil, dab some of the colour through your stencil onto your dried canvas flag.


 Grab another stencil and repeat with a green inkpad and the Ornate stencil.



Next step - Attach your muslin to your baby wipe and distress the edges of the baby wipe until they are uneven and torn, then attach to your Canvas flag either by stitching with a machine or gluing. Then using the Floral Stencil and a palette knife spread Colour Blast paste in your chosen colour ( I used Royalty) making sure the paste covers parts of the flag, muslin and baby wipe. Carefully peel off the stencil and let dry!



Here are some close ups for all the finer details. I added my chosen saying, chipboard, flower and cotton to add a little extra colour and texture. Once the flag is complete thread a stick through the hole and wind wire around the stick to create a hanger.




Here are the links to the products at Artified.







Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Shaker - Yodelling Yellow

Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Shaker - Polka Purple

Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Shaker - Lederhosen Laurel






Thanks for stopping by the blog today, make sure you leave some love :-) 

Elisa xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...